This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love. All opinions are 100% my own.
FOR THE OSCARS
Whether you are throwing a party or just lounging in your p.j.s to watch the Oscars this year these 3 gourmet popcorn recipes will offer a pleasing snack for you and your guests should you have them.
If you are planning a party I would recommend setting up a popcorn bar with at least 3 flavors of popcorn. I usually go for one sweet, one salty/savory, and one spicy. That way you will have something for everyone and while it may look like you’ve spent tons of time hand preparing this popcorn, I am here to tell you that these recipes are extremely easy to make!
No party, no problem making one or all 3 of these recipes will be a satisfying treat to get you from the red carpet to the awards ceremony.
Let’s start with the sweet first, shall we?
Balsamic Caramel Corn
This one you may want to make ahead as it will need to bake for an hour and allowed to dry/cool. I got this great recipe from my friends over at the 30A Olive Oil Co. You can see their recipe here or just scroll down. I like the way the balsamic adds a little extra kick to the sweet caramel flavor. Also, you can add nuts for an extra layer of crunch to every bite.
- 12 CUPS OF POPPED POPCORN
- 8 OZ. UNSALTED BUTTER
- 2 CUPS PACKED LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1 TSP. SEA SALT
- 1/4 CUP BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1/4 CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 TSP. BAKING SODA
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 200 DEGREES. IN A LARGE SAUCEPAN, COMBINE THE BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR, SALT, SYRUP, AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR. STIR INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND BRING TO A BOIL STIRRING OCCASIONALLY. REMOVE MIXTURE FROM HEAT AND STIR IN BAKING SODA (THE MIXTURE WILL CREATE A FOAM.) POUR THE MIXTURE OVER THE POPCORN AND TOSS TO COAT. SPREAD THE POPCORN MIXTURE EVENLY ONTO A BAKING PAN LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER. COOK FOR 1 HOUR, STIRRING EVERY 15 MINUTES. TAKE PARCHMENT OFF OF THE PAN ONTO A COOLED SURFACE AND ALLOW TO DRY.
- I USED ORVILLE REDENCHACHER'S NATURAL SIMPLY SALTED FOR THE POPCORN AND 30A OLIVE OIL CO.'S CLASSIC BALSAMIC VINEGAR.
I think I may have a problem with white truffle oil. Lately, I feel like I’ve been craving it on everything! It’s probably because my husband hates anything to do with mushrooms or truffle oil so I tend to binge on it when I can because I can’t live a life without those flavors they’re just too good! This is one of my absolute favorite snacks to whip up when I need a quick fix or something fast to bring over to a movie/football night.
- 12 CUPS OF POPPED POPCORN
- 3 TBS. OF WHITE TRUFFLE OIL
- 3 TBS. FRESH GRATED PARMESAN
- CRACKED BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A LARGE BOWL AND ENJOY!
- I USED 30A OLIVE OIL CO.'S WHITE TRUFFLE OIL AND ORVIL REDENBACHER'S NATURAL SIMPLY SALTED POPCORN FOR THIS RECIPE.
For the spicy, I wanted to keep it light. I’ve made a lime flavored popcorn in the past and thought it would be a great idea to add some spice for extra flavor. It’s refreshing and citrusy but also a little smokey from the chili powder a great combination if you ask me.
- 12 CUPS POPPED POPCORN
- 3 TBS. PERSIAN LIME OLIVE OIL
- ZEST FROM ONE LIME
- A SPRINKLE OF SEA SALT
- A LIGHT DUSTING OF CHILI POWDER
- MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A LARGE BOWL AND ENJOY!
- I USED 30A OLIVE OIL CO.'S PERSIAN LIME OLIVE OIL AND ORVILLE REDENBACHER NATURAL SIMPLY SALTED POPCORN FOR THIS RECIPE.
I hope you enjoyed these quick and easy recipes and in case you are wondering where to buy the olive oils I used for these recipes, you may find their website here. I would highly recommend using good olive oils when making these recipes as the quality and flavor will be much more worth your while.
I just want to be clear that this was not a sponsored post, it’s an appreciation for locally made products that deserve recognition.
Have you ever used flavored olive oils on your popcorn? I would love to hear any recipes or even your favorite popcorn treats in the comments below!
Cheers- Ashley Nicole