This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love. All opinions are 100% my own.
WITH GLITTERY ACCENTS
These dark chocolate skull candies with glittery accents were the perfect addition to my party table and my appetite. This year I’ve decided to update my Halloween party decor for more of an adult look. I’ve traded my orange accents for copper and added some touches of silver and marble. You can find out more in my previous post here. When I made these skull candies I wanted to reflect the copper and silver accents by painting pearl dust on their eyes to give them a glamorous pop. These look like something you would spend a small fortune on from a pricey chocolatier company but I’m here to tell you that they were extremely inexpensive and easy to make.
I’ve listed all the materials and the recipe for you below.
The materials you will need are as follows:
- A skull candy mold
- Dark chocolate candy melts (1 bag makes about 8)
- Pearl dust (I used bronze and silver)
- A small paintbrush
- Mini cupcake liners
- A quart-sized Ziploc bag
- Wax paper
- 1 BAG OF DARK COCOA CANDY MELTS
- BRONZE PEARL DUST
- SILVER PEARL DUST
- POUR ENTIRE BAG OF CANDY MELTS INTO A QUART SIZED ZIPLOC BAG. PLACE IN MICROWAVE ON DEFROST FOR 1 MINUTE. CAREFULLY KNEAD BAG AND CONTINUE TO HEAT IN 30 SECOND INTERVALS UNTIL THE CANDY HAS BECOME SMOOTH AND COMPLETELY MELTED. CUT A SMALL OPENING AT THE BOTTOM TIP OF THE ZIPLOC BAG AND PIPE INTO THE CHOCOLATE MOLD. PLACE ZIPLOC CUT SIDE UP INTO A BOWL SO THAT THE CANDY DOESN'T POUR OUT. GENTLY TAP THE MOLD ON A HARD SURFACE SEVERAL TIMES TO GET RID OF ANY AIR BUBBLES. TAKE A SPREADER AND SMOOTH THE TOP SURFACES OF THE CHOCOLATE AND PLACE EXTRA CHOCOLATE BACK INTO THE ZIPLOC BAG. PLACE MOLD ON A FLAT SURFACE IN THE FREEZER FOR 5-10 MINUTES. CHECK TO SEE THAT CHOCOLATE HAS HARDENED BEFORE REMOVING. ONCE THE CHOCOLATE HAS HARDENED CAREFUL FLIP ONTO A PIECE OF WAX PAPER. IF SOME MOLDS ARE STUCK GENTLE TWIST THE MOLD TO ALLOW THEM TO COME LOOSE. USE THE SPREADER TO SPREAD A THIN LAYER OF MELTED CHOCOLATE TO THE BACK SIDE OF THE MOLD AND ADHERE IT TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE SO THAT IT CREATES A 3D SKULL. CONTINUE TO ATTACH ALL SKULL PIECES AND PLACE IN MINI CUPCAKE WRAPPERS. ONCE YOU ARE FINISHED, PAINT EYES WITH A SMALL DRY PAINT BRUSH AND PEARL DUST.
- NOTE- YOU MAY HAVE TO HEAT THE CHOCOLATE FOR A FEW SECONDS IN BETWEEN MOLD FREEZINGS. ALSO YOU CAN DOUBLE THIS RECIPE TO MAKE LARGER BATCHES FOR CROWDS.
Cheers- Ashley Nicole