This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love. All opinions are 100% my own.
WITH AVOCADO AND HONEY-BALSAMIC DRESSING
I love a good salad, in fact, I could probably eat one every day but my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy so I’m constantly making an effort to spruce things up a bit when it comes to having “just a salad” for dinner.
In my opinion, the more toppings the merrier because nobody likes a bland salad. I usually tend to lean on the saltier side but there is something magical that happens when you combine the flavors of balsamic and strawberry. When I first made this for my husband he sort of turned his nose up at it and gave me that I don’t know about that look but I coaxed him into trying it and soon after his plate was bare and all I heard was mmmm noises.
Trust me when I say that this strawberry chicken salad recipe will become a go-to summer favorite and a tangy delight to the taste buds. Aso, if you liked the dishware and other items I used in the photos, I’ve listed them for you below.
SHOP THE MOMENT | CLICK ARROWS FOR MORE
- 2-4 BAKED BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS (SLICED)
- 4-6 CUPS SPINACH (LOOSLEY PACKED)
- 4-6 STRAWBERRIES (SLICED IN HALF)
- 1 AVOCADO (SLICED)
- 2-4 RINGS OF RED ONION (DICED OR JULIENNED)
- BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLES
- 2 TBSP CHOPPED WALNUTS
- 2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- SALT + PEPPER
- DRIZZLE OLIVE OIL, SALT AND PEPPER THE CHICKEN TO YOUR LIKING AND BAKE AT 350 IN OVEN FOR 25-30 MINUTES. DRESS PLATES OR BOWLS WITH SPINACH. TOP WITH ONION, AVOCADO, STRAWBERRIES, BLUE CHEESE CRUMBLES, AND WALNUTS. ONCE CHICKEN IS DONE, ADD TO SALAD AND TOP WITH HONEY-BALSAMIC DRESSING. HONEY-BALSAMIC DRESSING RECIPE IS LISTED BELOW. ADD AN EXTRA BIT OF CRACKED FRESH PEPPER IF YOU LIKE.
- I USUALLY BAKE 2 CHICKEN BREASTS IF I'M MAKING IT FOR 2 BUT IF YOU PLAN ON MAKING A LARGER MEAL OUT OF IT, USE THE LARGER SUGGESTED MEASUREMENT QUANTITIES AND DICE YOUR CHICKEN A LITTLE MORE. ALSO I LIKE TO EYEBALL HOW MUCH BLUE CHEESE, WALNUTS, STRAWBERRIES, AND ONION I NEED. MY TRICK IS TO DRESS THE PLATE FIRST WITH SPINACH THEN I DRESS IT WITH ALL THE "FIXINGS" AND THEN TOP WITH THE DRESSING.
- 2-6 TSP BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1-3 TSP DIJON MUSTARD
- 1-3 TSP HONEY
- 2-6 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- SALT + PEPPER
- ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TO BOWL EXCEPT OLIVE OIL. WHISK TOGETHER, THEN SLOWLY ADD THE OLIVE OIL INTO THE MIX AND WHISK.
- I USUALLY MAKE THIS FOR JUST 2. IF YOU PLAN ON MAKING A LARGER MEAL OUT OF IT, USE THE LARGER SUGGESTED MEASUREMENT QUANTITIES AND ADD MORE IF NEEDED BY DOUBLING THE SMALLER PORTIONS.