This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products that I love. All opinions are 100% my own.
A PICKLED VEGETABLE RECIPE TO ADD TANG TO YOUR TACO
A while back I went to a Mexican restaurant named Mile Marker Fifteen and had my first taco with pickled vegetables. At first, I thought this is a mistake, they may have given me someone else’s order. When I asked, they explained that this was the correct order and that the pickled veggies automatically come on that particular type of taco I had chosen. Now I’ve watched those food truck shows that have all the crazy different types of tacos out there but this was totally unexpected…
I finally decided to muster up the courage to try it because I was starving and didn’t want to deal with the hassle of re-ordering and waiting. I closed my eyes and took and bite while my husband stared at me in awe. I muddled it around and allowed the essence of each ingredient to come together and then something magical happened, my eyes widened and I couldn’t believe it, I was hooked! It was tangy, sweet, spicy, and an absolute food revelation!
Shortly after, I began to ask myself how did I not know about this amazing flavor combination? Why hasn’t anyone mentioned this before? I mean I’m pretty easy when it comes to food and I somewhat call myself a foodie but this made me feel as though I knew nothing of food and had been walking in the dark this whole time. Well, folks, I’m here to brighten your path and pass on the word, that’s right! I here to tell you that taco pickles are a game changer and the greatest part is you don’t have to know anything about pickling! This isn’t your typical pickling recipe, it’s a quick pickle recipe that marinates in your fridge over night and then whallah they’re ready to go!
SHOP THE MOMENT | CLICK ARROWS FOR MORE
- 3 CARROTS, THINLY SLICED
- 1/4 RED ONION, THINLY SLICED (OPTIONAL)
- 2 BUNCHES OF RADISH, THINLY SLICED
- 2 JALAPENOS, THINLY SLICED (YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE WITH SERRANO CHILIES
- HANDFUL OF CILANTRO, MINCED
- IN A SMALL SAUCEPAN, HEAT THE VINEGARS, SUGAR, AND A SPOONFUL OF SALT UNTIL IT STARTS TO SIMMER AND THE SALT AND SUGAR HAS DISSOLVED.
- LET THE MIXTURE COOL TO ROOM TEMPERATURE. PREP THE VEGETABLES. POUR THE VINEGAR MIXTURE OVER THE VEGGIES. MIX WELL AND ADD CILANTRO, CUMIN, AND PEPPERCORNS. STORE IN A JAR AND ENJOY WITHIN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.
Check out this recipe for taco pickles below and give them a try the next time you make tacos! I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks again for reading!
Cheers- Ashley Nicole